Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Was So Ready for It To Be Over

The Sacramento Kings (the local basketball team) will be staying in Sacramento for another year. No, please. Not another year of trying to fund a new arena. Not another year of debating whether or not public funds should go to this. (Uh, no public funds for the arena until the grass in my neighborhood park is cut regularly.) No discussions of the jobs created, or not created, by the arena, the hotel rooms occupied by players from good teams, the money spent by the citizenry going to or fro' the games. No discussions of the civic pride in having one of the worst teams in the NBA and their dreadful owners. And please, no discussion of the other uses for the arena--monster truck pulls and concerts. (I LIKE music, so I wouldn't want to go to a concert in a stadium.) Please, please.

But this is such a big issue here that there's been more ink and digital bytes than on the killing of Osama bin Laden. I'm not kidding. The lead story on one local television station was Osama bin Laden, but it was quickly followed by far more time on the Kings. But I guess one of my regular readers was right--this issue is never going to go away.

And I got my exercise ball today. After a bad experience with a local sports' store, I opted to buy from the Kaiser Permanente affiliate. The ball came with all the parts, and it took me about five minutes to fill it. Excellent choice.

No comments: