Sunday, March 22, 2009

Barefoot in the Yard

I like working barefoot in the yard. In Oakland I could work barefoot ten months out of the year. But in Sacramento I suffer through months when it's either too cold or too hot to work without shoes. So those brief months when I can work unencumbered by footwear, I am specially happy.

My pictures of the yard are truly awful--of the 40 or so that I took, only a few are suitable for publication. I don't know if it's because the yard doesn't look as good as I think it does or because my pictures are mostly awful and it's particularly apparent when the garden is in bloom.




















This is my LL Bobbink. It's supposed to be lavender, but it' become whiter with each passing year.





















A pelargonium and my baby mallow.





















Camellia japonica Nuccio's Gem.





















Azalea Rutherfordia Alaska.





















The Japanese maples are leafing out. This one sits outside our bedroom door and the sun shines through the leaves in the morning.





















A spring-blooming anemone.

No comments: