Saturday, March 5, 2011

In Progress

I'd intended to stay away from economic issues for awhile, believing that I was getting away from the main purpose of this blog, which was to bore my friends and acquaintances with the vicissitudes of my daily life, sort of like Twitter updates on my lunch, but not so frequently. But there's been a bunch of stuff happening and I want to comment on it all--the Wisconsin crisis, the attack on pensions (which seems to have become a daily event at the Sacramento Bee), and even a few words on Libya, which is one of the more interesting crises of the Middle East, insofar as it's not just a distraction from what's happening in Yemen. In addition I'm completing a long-standing project on condominium conversions in Sacramento during the recent bubble. But I intend to do some serious writing on these subjects, and that takes more than 15 minutes.

J took this picture of the Sundial Bridge at Turtle Bay Exploration Park in Redding. I'm trying to convince J to take me back so that I can see the arboretum there. It wasn't open yet the last time we were there.

No comments: