Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election

And here we all thought we'd be up 'til the wee hours waiting to find out who would be the next President. And it was called the minute the polls closed in California. I'm glad Obama won--I actually voted for him--but I know that I'll spend much of the next four years demonstrating against him.

It also appears that Kevin Johnson has beaten Heather Fargo to become Mayor of Sacramento. Johnson is supported by many of the developer and anti-environmental interests that wanted someone even more willing to do their bidding than Fargo was.

And at this writing Proposition 8 is passing and, while Alameda and Los Angeles returns are (a) always late and (b) some of the most progressive in the state, I'm not sure that will be enough to upset this one. It's passing 53-47.

More tomorrow.

No comments: